Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Seashell Christmas Tree…Thrift Store Find

Lucky for me, my two daughters love to go thrifty to find that perfect treasure. We love to go shopping together, but the girls have gone thrifting at consignment shops and thrift stores near their university.

Kelsie came home this past weekend and stopped by one of our favorite shops on the way and this is what she found!!

seashell Christmas tree

Kelsie and her roommates have a beach theme in their dorm apartment, because the university is right on the water. This tree is perfect for the holidays coming up!

Come on in for detailed pictures. This might be an easy one for you to make too!!

There is a tiny little starfish at the top of the tree. So cute!

seashell Christmas tree

Then little seashells hot glued all over each branch.

seashell Christmas tree


seashell Christmas tree

The base of the tree is the best. It's a larger starfish!!

seashell Christmas tree

Looks like they drilled a tiny hole in the center and then inserted the wire from the tree.

seashell Christmas tree

The tree is only 8 inches tall, so this is the perfect little decoration to add to a side table for your beachy Christmas!!

seashell Christmas tree

Thought I would share Kelsie's find for inspiration if you wanted to make a seashell Christmas tree too.

Thanks for stopping by,
~Karen~

Pin It

12 comments:

  1. Cute idea, would have been a perfect Christmas decoration when we lived in Hawaii. I love thrifting also, never know what you may find.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so cute, coming from Miami it hit home. But I want to go to school where the waters right outside my door. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute!! I'm all about the beach, and if this was a Pier One tree, it would be telling me to take it home! I love it, and may have to make one too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great find, I have a mermaid theme in my bathroom, so maybe I should make my own with my shell collection.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Living by the ocean--I just love this! So pretty...Hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for all the wonderful blog tips!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's perfect! We live across from the water, so I love all things beachy! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is the CUTEST tree... I am not a huge decorate it for Christmas girl... but this is just darling... I live in Fla and this would be perfect... thans for sharing how it was put all together too! Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this! I'm a big fan of the beach and shells.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love how the base is a starfish. So cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment...I just love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails